Years before when I had faced similar tragedies alone, I always found comfort in my suffrage through prayer. Upon arrival back in this space again… well not really arriving, I had been here for years now… back at it again and my passion was dying out of me quickly. I knew no other recourse of action than prayer, so I set out on a journey that frightened me immensely. I took a path that I knew was sure to get me out of my tragedy despite the turmoil of it all. I took a special course of action that I knew came with guaranteed results. Though I did not know what the results would be, I knew I would be happier finding myself over on that side of life versus remaining stuck in the smut I was already in. So! I tried.
I can’t believe it’s been that many years ago since I first started journaling my prayers. I can’t believe it’s been that many years ago since I needed God with an urgency like I did back then. I can’t believe it’s been that many years ago since God changed my life for good.
That Many Years Ago.
It has been that many years ago.
Here I am now, doing it again…
Practice Interview Questions
Here are some practice interview questions for you to implement BEFORE your interview! Practice with a mentor, your friend, and of course, your coach! 😉 Practice regularly so you’ll be a PRO when you GO!
Personal Motivation and Traits
- How do you feel about your present workload?
- What motivates you to do your best work?
- How can we best help you get your job done?
- Tell me about a time you went “out on a limb” to get the job done?
- What are the disadvantages of this line of work?
- What do you find most frustrating at work?
- Tell me about a project that got you really excited?
- How do you define doing a good job?
- What makes a job enjoyable for you?
- Under what conditions do you work best?
- What is your greatest strength/weakness or deficiency?
- Tell me about a work task you enjoy.
- What are your 5-year goals?
- Tell me what “success” means to you.
- What does “failure” mean to you?
- Do you consider yourself successful?
- Do you set goals for yourself and how do you do that?
- Tell me about a work situation you had that required excellent communication skills.
- Do you prefer to speak directly with someone or send a memo?
- How would you grade your ability to communicate with upper-level management, customers, and peers?
- What was more important on your job, written or oral communication?
- Tell me about the last change which occurred in your office. How did you handle it?
- I’m interested in hearing about the last time you took a risk. What was it and in retrospect, was it the right decision?
- How important is communication and interaction with others on your job? How many departments did you deal with? What problems occurred?
- Tell me about a time when a work emergency caused you to reschedule your work/projects.
- Give me an example of the last time you went above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done
- In what areas do you typically have the least amount of patience at work?
- Tell me about a deadline you had to meet. How much advance notice did you have?
- You have worked in a fast paced environment. How did you like the environment?
- What kinds of decisions are most difficult for you?
- What is the most difficult work situation you have faced?
- What types of jobs do you have the most difficulty with?
- What do you do when you’re having trouble with your job?
- What do you do when you have a great deal of work to accomplish in a short period of time?
- What do you do when you’re having trouble with a boss?
- If your boss knew you were interviewing, what would he say?
- What do you feel an employer owes an employee?
- Your supervisor tells you do to something in a way you know is dead wrong. What do you do?
- If your supervisor unfairly criticized you, what would you do?
- Would you like to have your boss’s job? Why or why not?
- Tell me about a time when your manager was in a rush and didn’t give you enough attention.
- What are some of the things about which you and your boss disagree?
- What are some of the things your boss did that you disliked?
- In what areas could your boss have done a better job?
- I would be interested to hear about an occasion when your work or an idea was criticized, what was criticized, who criticized you, and how did you handle it?
- Describe the best manager you ever had. The worst. What qualities did each of them have?
During a heavy prayer session about a month ago, God relayed to me that I have been a stronghold in my relationship.
Let’s just stop here.
That blew my MIND!!!!
I was sooo very thoroughly blown away that I just sat there for a while and wept. My heart was SOOOO broken! Never would I have thought that my own actions (or even lack of action in some cases) were the cause of such MAJOR chaos in my life.
So many times, we find ourselves at the center of things that we pray against and we have no understanding as to why these things will not be removed from us. WOW! My mind was blown! It wasn’t until that moment that I realized that I… me, myself… I was the reason why my own prayers were not being answered! Talk about breakthrough?!!! I was BROKEN!!! I was the brokenness that was causing MAJORly disruptive, REPEAT patterns in my life. My my my!
Never would I have EVER connected those very distinct dots. I was praying in an area very heavily for years and causing myself so much agony in the process simply because I did not realize that it was my own actions that caused and KEPT the ruckus going in the first place. WOW!
Why is this so major??? BECAUSE I DID NOT KNOW!!!
How many of us would continue a pattern which perpetuates the exact thing you’re praying against??? Uhhhh… likely NO ONE! That means it is VERY important to be VERY mindful of how YOU are impacting all sides of your life at all times. We don’t realize even in our “innocent” practices that we firmly PLANT ourselves in the way of POWERFUL breakthroughs. The question now is, once you realize this…
Will You Get Out of the Way??
Some of us still won’t!
Personally, I don’t have that type of time. I need to move FAST! GET OUT THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I want my breakthrough to come and come QUICKLY! I have little time to remain in dank, dark, DUSTY places. My happiness just canNOT be set up like that!!! Seriously!
This entire awareness has kept me in a present awareness of my understanding (and acceptance) of strongholds. It has placed me in a mindset to be knowledgeable of their existence and the posture needed to combat them. Along the way, I also have an increased spiritual awareness of the presence of strongholds in the lives of others. THIS… has been interesting. I can literally FEEL it.
I am very grateful for the knowledge of strongholds and the growth therein. I seem to have existed in a THRONG of spiritual naivete for a lifetime. Seems that God is consistently removing that space of comfort and aiding me along the way as I encounter things I have never faced prior to now.
STRONGHOLDS. What Are They? How Do I Combat Them?
Here, you will find the results of a search I recently did to answer the questions I had. Click on the links and inform yourselves. Then, come back and share your thoughts in the comments section!
Sometimes, prayer is a very destitute place. You’re alone in prayer. It’s just you and your Jesus, so you have to get to a place where you find comfort in communication with Jesus.
I remember when I was younger, prayer was not something I was comfortable with. At the time, my aim was not comfortability. It was very apparent to me back then that prayer was not something I wanted to spend my time doing. It’s amazing how things change. These days, while in prayer, I just want to stay there. I just want to find my peace and comfort and being in that safe place. That place where it’s just me and my Jesus. That place where He loves me like no other. In prayer, I can’t even harm myself, so how I long to live life in prayer these days. Haha. Funny how things change.
Prayer is beauty. It is a beautiful resting place of sincerity, honesty and transparency. I think that’s another reason why I love it so much. I love being true to me and letting it all out to hang like dreary drabs on God’s altar. I love that about prayer. That release. That let go. That … whatever I had, I’m not going to keep it syndrome that leaves you feeling light as a feather when you up yourself from sitting at the feet of The Father.
I am learning to be grateful for all that you have blessed me with. I don’t always arrive, but Lord, I am trying.
I am learning to be grateful for all you protect me from, and though I’m not always understanding, Lord, I am trying.
God, I am trying to find rest in all that you have promised, and Lord … you know I’m not the most patient, but Lord, I am trying.
Lord, I doubt myself. I doubt me very often. I doubt my power. I doubt my strength, and even with all my faith in you, somehow I am still banking on me. Somehow I am still “faithing it” on what I bring.
[Be still and KNOW I AM God! 11:45pm]
God, you are amazing. My truth. My strength. My strong tower. You keep me, and for that, I thank you. God, you bless me, and for that, I thank you. You are the lifter of my head, and for that, I love you. Thank you for being amazing, for keeping me, for lifting me up, for loving me.
God, these lessons you have taught have been wonderful and I am truly grateful. You blessed me!
30 Days of Prayer ★ Day 04 ★ POWER Vested in ME
POWER Vested in ME!
As daughters of the King, we must live our lives empowered and prayer in manners consistent with boldness in courage, not just for ourselves, but for our sisters as well! Enjoy! POWER Vested in ME! — @CoachDNicole
30 Days of Prayer ★ Day 06 ★ I Am NOT a Coward!
I Am NOT a Coward!
As daughters of the King, we must live our lives empowered and prayer in manners consistent with boldness in courage, not just for ourselves, but for our sisters as well! Enjoy! I Am NOT a Coward! — @CoachDNicole
30 Days of Prayer ★ Day 07 ★ GRATEFULNESS!!!
Remember to exercise gratefulness in your life by way of your prayers and sincere appreciation for all that God has already done for you in expectation of what is to come. Enjoy! GRATEFULNESS!!! — @CoachDNicole